No one wants to open the dishwasher to find a wash load that’s still dirty. Why is my Bertazzoni dishwasher not cleaning dishes? Improper loading techniques may be blocking water and detergent from reaching every item. Follow these Bertazzoni dishwasher troubleshooting tips for cleaner dishes every time.
How to Fix a Bertazzoni Dishwasher Not Cleaning Dishes
Usually, consistent maintenance or a simple adjustment can fix a Bertazzoni dishwasher not cleaning dishes. In other cases, a part replacement may be required to improve performance. Here’s how to pinpoint the cause and find the right solution.
1. Dishes Loaded Too Close Together
When too many dishes are loaded in the dishwasher they often touch or overlap, limiting their access to water and detergent. Overcrowding can also increase the chance that something blocks the spray arms, preventing water from reaching every item.
If your Bertazzoni dishwasher leaves food particles on dishes, try these loading tips:
- Load one dish per slot: Make sure each dish faces inward for best access to water and detergent.
- Place bowls and glasses on the top rack: Position them upside down and at an angle to improve detergent access and rinsing.
- Avoid nesting: Alternate forks, spoons, and knives next to each other in the silverware basket.
- Load platters and cutting boards on the bottom rack: Place these taller items along the rack’s perimeter to avoid blocking the spray arms.
2. Dishwasher Needs Cleaning
If your Bertazzoni dishwasher leaves dishes dirty, it may be in need of a cleaning. Monthly cleanings of the dishwasher’s interior components can remove lingering food particles, mildew and even mold that can leave dishes dirty. How do you know it’s time for a cleaning? If your dishwasher won’t drain water or smells like mildew, cleaning the interior can restore function and remove odor.
Here’s how to clean a Bertazzoni dishwasher’s spray arms, filter and tub to improve performance:
- Remove the top and bottom spray arms. Most have a plastic assembly that can be unclipped or rotated left or right to loosen the arm. Wash each with warm, soapy water. For persistent mold or mildew, soak the arms in white vinegar for 2 hours.
- Unclog blocked spray arm holes with a thin, flexible wire.
- Replace top and bottom arms.
- Remove the bottom rack.
- Turn the Cylinder Filter counterclockwise and lift upward.
- Remove the bottom spray arm and lift up the Fine Filter.
- Rinse both filters under running water.
- Replace the Fine Filter, followed by the bottom spray arm.
- Place the Cylinder Filter in its compartment and turn clockwise to secure.
- Replace the bottom rack.
- Pour 3 cups of white vinegar in the bottom of an empty dishwasher.
- Run your longest cleaning cycle with hot water.
- Use a spot cleaner to remove individual stains on tub walls and and base.
- Wipe down the rubber gasket with a damp cloth and wipe away any buildup under the gasket’s opening at the bottom of the dishwasher.
3. Defective Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser
Using a high-quality detergent in the right amounts can ensure optimum cleaning performance. Refer to your Bertazzoni dishwasher manual to determine if there are brand-specific recommendations or amounts that can result in cleaner dishes.
Are you using the right detergent in the correct amounts and you still find your Bertazzoni dishwasher not cleaning dishes? The detergent dispenser may be broken. If the dispenser doesn’t open enough or at all, your wash load won’t have access to detergent. A qualified Bertazzoni repair service will need to replace the dispenser.
4. Problem With Dishwasher Water Supply
Your dishwasher needs an adequate and steady supply of hot water to wash dishes sufficiently.
Here’s how to assess your water supply:
- Check your hot water heater: Make sure the water temperature is set to at least 120℉ for optimum cleaning. Run the hot water in the kitchen sink before starting a wash cycle so it’s readily available for the dishwasher.
- Make sure the water pressure is sufficient: If the water pressure in your kitchen sink is weak, you may need to increase the pressure in your home’s water supply. This can ensure that it emerges from the spray arms with adequate force.
- Inspect water inlet valve and spray arm: If the dishwasher still doesn’t have adequate water, the water inlet valve or spray arm may have malfunctioned and require professional replacement.
The team at Twin Appliances can fix a Bertazzoni dishwasher not cleaning dishes or address any dishwasher repair. Schedule your service today!